Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Our dog was found dead - tied up like we left him - he had

Customer Question
a red sticky residue on...
Our dog was found dead - tied up like we left him - he had a red sticky residue on the front of both fore legs. What could have possibly this have been ? The neighbors had threatened to kill him someday.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/15/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
I am so sorry to hear about your dog. What a shock that must have been to find him. My sincere condolences.
Had he been acting sick at all, even subtle signs like weight loss, not eating as well, drinking more water?
How old was he?
The sticky red residue could have been something that ran out of his mouth or nose, if he was lying with his head on the front legs. If that is the case, he may have died of heart disease, or of a problem with his blood not clotting normally. Poison, like rat poison is a possibility.
Only an autopsy can tell you cause of death for certain. Let me know what other questions you have. My sincere condolences for your loss. Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian