Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog chewed up about 6 different bottles of vitamins

Customer Question

my idiot dog chewed up about 6 different bottles of vitamins and supplements. not sure what if any were ingested. They include multivitamins,ginseng krill oil, calcium,magnesium,zinc,chromium picolinate,lutein is all I can remember. Actually my other dog joined in but I was able to get him to vomit. The first one knew he was in trouble and I couldn't catch him.

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible...How long ago did they eat them?Do you know the mgs of the zinc or if there was iron in the multivitamin?Are either of them on any other medications?Did you get him to vomit with hydrogen peroxide?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It happened about 15 minutes before I submitted my question. Your site said I was supposed to get an answer in 15 minutes but it took much longer.

Neither dog is on any medications. The older dog Marcel vomited twice with the help of hydrogen peroxide. I saw no pill remnants in what he threw up.

The younger dog Magoo wouldn't let me catch him .

I found a lot of these pills all over the floor some kind of sticky and crushed but whole,no pieces.

There was about 40mg of zinc if he got one each of two of the vitamins and about 18mg of iron in one of the vitamins.

I don't know that he ingested any of them but there do seem to be less of some then what I remember being there.