Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My doc age one cymbals cymbalta 60mg what do I do. She is

Customer Question
My doc age one cymbals...
My doc age one cymbals cymbalta 60mg what do I do. She is 10 months old
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/14/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!Can you please tell me how much your little one weighs and how long ago this occurred?Thank you
In most cases we see no problems unless given at doses higher then 20mg per kg so once I have her weight I can determine the level of concern. So if she weighs more than 3 kg (6 pounds) we should be alright...Please monitor her for the following symptoms . Hyperactivity, trembling, stumbling when walking. If any of these develop then she should be seen by a vet immediately. While I would not expect to see any serious symptoms keep an eye on her as any dog can have a unexpected reaction.
If you want to be safe and she ingested this within the last hour then you can induce vomiting with 3% hydrogen peroxide 1 tsp per ten pounds then walk around to mix it in the stomach and agitate the lining. If no vomiting within 10-15 minutes it can be repeated once only in hopes of inducing vomiting.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian