Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My 5 month old shih tzu puppy had a brown spot show up on

Customer Question

My 5 month old shih tzu puppy had a brown spot show up on his testicle that wve never noticed before. I did notice he does have brown on his belly. Should I be worried?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!It is normal for puppies and dogs to develop pigmented spots on their belly, chest, even testicles as they develop and age. Similar to age spots or even freckles in people. As long as it is not raised, he is not bothered by it, it isn't red or purple then very likely it is pigmentation that he is developing, it just so happens to be in a very noticeable spot!Please let me know if this information makes sense and any additional questions I can assist with tonight!If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!