petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience caring for dogs and cats
21300550

My dog and I stayed at a low quality motel that allows pets

Customer Question

My dog and I stayed at a low quality motel that allows pets and he woke up coughing or more like a hacking cough. I know we had the AC on very high but I did notice plenty of unclean poop and urine infested that he of course sniffed and marked over. He's never been exposed to so much uncleanliness both inside the hotel room and outside !should I be concerned Bout this cough!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance. How long has the cough been present? Is he bringing up anything when he coughs?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cough started the next morning of the hotel stay. That was yesterday and I haven't seen him yet today. He's not bring up anything and its the same cough he has when fuzz or hair or something is stuck in his through! Possible ha caught a cold the room was small and the air conditioner was on blast and very cold that night.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Btw ... question has not been answered yet so thank you !
Expert:  petdrz replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. It sounds as if he may have developed a bronchitis (inflammation of the upper airways) due to irritation or due to possible allergen (like mold spores) he may have been exposed to. Give him a day or two to see if his immune system can take care of it. If the cough is not resolving or if he develops a nasal discharge, he may need medical treatment. In most cases involving dogs with a healthy immune system, they will be back to normal in a day or two. I hope this is helpful. Please letme know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100%satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarifyfor you.Dr Z