Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My hamster's cheek is bloody and has a cut on it, and she is not actin

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Sophia. My hamster's cheek is bloody and has a cut on it, and she is not acting herself. Not eating, not drinking, and pretty weak. She was in the cage when we discovered it, and how could she hurt herself in the cage? What should I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
How much blood do you think she is losing from the wound?
Are her gums pink or pale/white?
How long has she been showing weakness and anorexia?
Has she been itching herself lately?
Can you take a photo of this wound? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She passed away overnight so we no longer need assistance. Thank you.