Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My Shitz Zhu has an eye infection (she has a small cherry eye)

Customer Question
I took her to the...
My Shitz Zhu has an eye infection (she has a small cherry eye) I took her to the vet last week - she is on Clavamox orally and eye ointment - to be rechecked Tuesday - today she is shivering and I don't know why and if I should take her to the emergency vet?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/12/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Andy, Medical Director replied 2 years ago
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Hello, Very sorry to hear what is going on. If she was vomiting or eating poorly due to any stomach nausea from the clavamox, the shivering may be understandable. But!Shivering can be induced by many things. Here's my initial list of concerns:- nausea- pain, which could be abdominal pain or musculoskeletal pain (like an injury)- A recent seizure- An endocrine condition. Specifically, Addison's disease (where the body is producing an insufficient amount of its own steroids from the adrenal glands)- Stress or FearSo, I am concerned there is a separate issue worth at least a recheck examination with any vet today to ensure there is no obvious pain or nausea worry. Hope that info helps.Good Luck!Dr. Andy
Dr. Andy, Medical Director