Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

OUR 7LB DOG CHEWED OPEN AND LICKED HALF OF THE HOT SHOT ANT

Customer Question
BAIT...
OUR 7LB DOG CHEWED OPEN AND LICKED HALF OF THE HOT SHOT ANT BAIT
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/11/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Hello and welcome, Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Hello again and thanks for waiting. I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. This is something vets are commonly asked, and it is a common incident and usually nothing to worry about at all, as long as Peanut did not swallow any of the plastic housing then there are no special measures you need take in this sort of situation. You see the active constituent of ant traps is actually almost always not that toxic to dogs, so normally even a small dog like yours would have to eat the contents of quite a few traps before there were any toxic effects. These ant traps contains something like peanut butter to attract the ants and that's why dogs go for them. 2. However you cannot be too careful so keep an eye on Peanut and if you see any odd symptoms of any sort at all then contact your local vet without delay, this would be very unlikely indeed though.3. When I answer a question like this I always like to give clients a link which covers the subject so they can check the validity of my advice : LINK I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,
I am just checking back in to see how Peanut is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the ant bait incident.
How are things going?
Regards,
Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hi Matt,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Peanut. How is everything going?

Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian