Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I just hit home and my yorkie is limping can't seem to hold

Customer Question
her weight and her stomach...
I just hit home and my yorkie is limping can't seem to hold her weight and her stomach seems a little extended .
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/10/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Joey, Board Certified replied 2 years ago
Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.
Based on what you report I am most concerned about the potentially distended abdomen. This may be only reflective of recently eating, but it could indicate another problem such as fluid accumulation (blood, serum, pus, etc) or organ enlargement. This really does indicate the need for an immediate examination by her veterinarian.
The lameness and/or difficulty bearing weight could potentially be related if she is truly weak from loss of blood or an electrolyte problem. I do wish I could provide you with an exact diagnosis, but this is a problem that I too would need to perform an examination followed by some testing to try to narrow down what is going on.
I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. We can continue our dialogue in this setting.
I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.
Please remember to select REPLY TO EXPERT if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.
My goal is to provide the best answer possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating.
If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.
Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified