Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

I just gave all information answer

Customer Question

i just gave all information for an answer
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to help you both today!To answer your question the female can become pregnant without a tie! The tie will last between 15 and 30 minutes and helps to ensure that the semen don't leak back out. He'll move his leg over her back and turn around to put all four feet on the ground. During the tie, he is releasing prostatic fluid.So yes it is possible she can get pregnant without tying but tying does increase the likelihood of pregnancy.Please let me know if I can assist with any additional questions today! If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
very good and to the point. Thank you so much, I still didnt find out why he cannot tie up with her.
Unfortunately he is still young and might not have the maturity at this age to fully lock with a female. Hopefully with time this will improve with experience!
Please let me know how else I can assist you both today
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!
I am on-line another hour tonight if I can be of any further assistance
This is one article that lists information on dogs that do not tie initially:
If the male is inexperienced, it may take a few mating sessions before he succeeds. It is not unusual for a male to mount and dismount for 45 minutes or more in some cases before achieving a tie. Sometimes the problem is a female moving her hindquarters at a crucial moment or walking forward while the male is mounted. You can try leashing your female so she doesn't do this. I have done this with first time mating females with good success.
If you still don't get a "tie", then you might need to enlist another person to help. One to hold the females leash and a second to help guide the male's organ to the opening. Generally, it will appear the male is making a half-hearted attempt until his organ hits the vulva. Usually when that occurs, you will notice an almost frantic pumping and this usually signals that the mating will be successful and a tie will occur.
If this seems to be an ongoing issue for your male, I would have him checked by your Vet and consider artificial insemination if you are set on breeding your female this heat cycle.
Good luck to you both...

I'm just following up on our conversation about Hershey. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman