Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

37# ***** 6 mos old ate some d con don ' know how much on

Customer Question

37# ***** 6 mos old ate some d con don ' know how much on way to vet 911 in Appleton 1 hour away
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 2 years ago.
Hello there. I am very sorry to hear Macy ate D-con. I am happy to help you this evening. If you can get her to vomit then that gives you a headstart and helps prevent some absorption of the poison. You can use hydrogen peroxide at a dose of 1 tablespoon per 10 lbs of body weight by mouth. Wait 15 minutes for her to vomit and then repeat. You can repeat up to 3 times. But if you can get her to vomit that will help remove some of the poison as you head to the emergency hospital since it is an hour away. If you cannot get her to vomit then that is ok they will get her to vomit there but if you can get her to do it on the way you are just that far away. They may give some other medications to help any remaining toxin in her system and then also give her medications to take over the next week or two to help prevent any toxin in the system that was absorbed to not take affect. But definitely heading to the emergency hospital is the best option at this time. I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do nothesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happyto help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for mytime. Thank you!