Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My German Shepherd is 9 months old and i think she ate pieces

Customer Question
of her rubber ball that...
My German Shepherd is 9 months old and i think she ate pieces of her rubber ball that has the prickly things on it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/7/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
I am sorry to hear you are worried about Leah. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.
How long ago did she eat the pieces of the ball?
If she chewed the ball in pieces, the pieces will probably pass. Feeding her bulky food like bread, unsweetened pumpkin, and sweet potato may help push it through.
If there is a piece too large to pass, that causes a blockage, she would probably stop eating and she would probably vomit. It is a good sign she wiol still take food.
If you are really worried, you could have an Xray taken. If she stops eating, I would definitely take an Xray. Let me know how she is doing and what else I can answer.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Leah. How is everything going?

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian