Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

8 wk old puppy with a high fever she is drinking water and…

Customer Question
8 wk old puppy with...
8 wk old puppy with a high fever she is drinking water and she ate she does not have diarea she had a fever 106.1 i gave he ashot of peneccillin and an oral antbiotic and 1 baby asparin she is about 20 lbs
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/6/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. My moderator asked that I take a look at it.
I can see that we need to localize where this fever is originating from. Most fevers are due to inflammation and the inflammation associated with infection is most common although trauma, malignancy, and immune-mediated disorders - a vaccine reaction, e.g. - are considerations as well. Are there any other symptoms that might help localize this - sneezing, coughing, increased respiratory rate, pale mucous membranes as seen on her gums or tongue, vomiting, lameness, or swellings or wounds suggestive of abscess?
Which oral antibiotic have you given her, please? Has she had any vaccines?
I have givin her a shot of long acting penicillin. And an oral anti biotic. Zole no trauma she has had 2 vaccinations neo par
Thank you for the additional information. Which oral antibiotic, please? When was the last vaccine administered?
Plaese call me
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I regret that I'm not allowed to correspond with you outside of this venue. I'll opt out which will allow other experts to enter our conversation. Please don't respond to me or leave a rating - either of which will dissuade other experts from helping you.
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian