Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Chewawa- has become inactive, eyes watery and blinking, mouth…

Customer Question
chewawa- has become inactive, eyes...
chewawa- has become inactive, eyes watery and blinking, mouth half open and tonge half out, always has head down on bed.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/6/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Camille-Mod,
 replied 3 years ago
Camille-Mod
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. The symptoms you've mentioned are important but aren't pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one disorder. They do sound serious enough, however, for me to recommend having Paco attended to by his vet at your earliest convenience. I understand that you didn't come to this site to be told to take Paco to his vet but that's the best advice I can give you at this time - particularly if Paco has been behaving in that manner for more than 24 hours. I, too, would need to perform a thorough physical exam on Paco including diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests and perhaps imaging in the form of X-rays or ultrasound.
Please note that Motrin (ibuprofen) is toxic to dogs. Aspirin is safe at 10 mg/lb with food twice daily but I'd be more comfortable with your having Paco see his vet than Paco receiving aspirin for an undiagnosed disorder. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.