Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

11 yr. old female Pug 07/01 (p.m.): Heavy panting/breathing

Customer Question
11 yr. old female Pug 07/01...
11 yr. old female Pug
07/01 (p.m.): Heavy panting/breathing & little sleep ... Vet complete Labs, check-up [lungs, heart, all clear], Inj. of Benadril & Dexamethasone for possible bite or sting, sched. X-ray for twisted knee on 07/06; HEAVY PANTING/BREATHING SUBSIDES.
07/03 (p.m.): Heavy panting/breathing *resumes* & little sleep ...
07/04 (a.m.): Reg. Vet Closed ... to Emergency Vet who Rx'd both, TRAMADOL (50mg. 1/2 x 3 ea. day) & ROBAXIN (500mg. 1/2 x 3 ea. day) *along with* reg. dos. of RIMADYL (25mg. for Arthritis from Reg. Vet.). GAVE LAST DOSE AS DIRECTED AT BED TIME !
07/05 (very early a.m.): Reg. Vet Closed ... Heavy panting/breathing resumes & little sleep PLUS Diarrhia sets in but seems like most has past ... NO MEDS SINCE 9:00 p.m. Bed time but, the *heavy panting/breathing continues*, though she seems to be relaxing and resting a bit now ... Reg Vet Appt. first thing tomorrow a.m. .
Rx. Dosages Rx'd seems somewhat extreme (with 3 drug combo's), given Pugs weight (age [11] and weight [26 lbs.]) ... again, Reg. Vet tomorrow a.m. but want to put Pug at ease and take precautions NOW. Thank you. Bill Mc.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/5/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Can you give me an update on how Lucy is doing? 2- Did you give her the medications? If so, is she still panting? 3- Did the ER vet take xrays? 4- Is she walking any different? 5- Any other symptoms?There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian