DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

My 120 pound cane corso ate half a cooked ham bone at 3:00

Customer Question

My 120 pound cane corso ate half a cooked ham bone at 3:00 pm she just woke up and threw up some big chunks of the bone than went back to sleep what do I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. Thanks for the question . I'm sorry you had to wait awhile for a response. If your dog seems to be feeling fine, just keep an eye on him. He may have gotten all the bone out with the vomiting. If the vomiting, retching or dry heaving continues, then get him to a vet right away.notherwise feed him his normal diet but not for about 6 hours....to give the stomach some more time to empty. If he vomits as soon as you try feeding him or he is depressed and won't eat, then get to the vet. I hope this helps. Take care.
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 2 years ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Gia. How is everything going?

DrMelJ