Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Yesterday while at the dog park my dog vomited. I thought

Customer Question

Hello, yesterday while at the dog park my dog vomited. I thought she had gotten too hot so I gave her some water and put her in the car with the a/c and went home. When we got home she drank more water and threw up 3 more times. I took her to the vet and she did not have a fever and he gave her a shot of cerenia. He seemed convinced she ate something at the park that made her sick. Last night she was lethargic but did not vomit again. This morning she popped a normal poop but was still lethargic so I took her back to the vet for blood work. Vet said the blood work looked good but that she was dehydrated so he gave her subcutaneous fluids and sent me home with a few days worth of cerenia pills. I gave her one pill and left her with my mom and went back to work. When I got home my mom said she was the same and still hasn't eaten or drank anything but that she did go poop but that it was black poop. Since I've been home she threw up again. I tried to call my vet but they are already gone for the weekend. She did just eat a tiny bit from my hand a drank a little water. Should I be worried? Should I take her to the emergency vet?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 years ago.
Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. I'm sorry it's taken a bit for someone to get to you. Different experts come online at different times, and with it being a holiday, I suspect many are off with families. I just came online and saw your question and wanted to address it right away.How is Olive doing this morning?