Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 10 year old lab has liquid sloshing in his ears It is

Customer Question
My 10 year old lab...
My 10 year old lab has liquid sloshing in his ears
It is dark brown on a wet wipes and we were given antibiotics a month ago vet suggested it was allergy and yeast infection
However. It has cleared up but now it has come back
We have reverted to raw feeding as he healthy on it but still has the ear issue
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/3/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Rosie_MRCVS, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Rosie_MRCVS
Rosie_MRCVS, Dog Veterinarian
Hi I'm Rosie one of the vets and I'd like to try and help you. I'm sorry your lab has ear problems. I have a couple of questions if that's ok- has he had any ear drops, and if so what?- is he on any treatment at all at the moment?- is he scratching at his ears or flapping his head at all?- any sneezing?- is he eating and drinking ok? Is he happy in himself?- when did the ear problem start again this time?- is he nibbling at his feet or itchy anywhere else on his body? Sorry for the number of questions - the extra information will really help. Thank you, Rosie.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian