Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is a little yorkie terrier. This morning while I

Customer Question

Hi. My dog is a little yorkie terrier. This morning while I was still sleeping he threw up a little bit. Some of it seemed clear but there were spots that looked reddish/pink. He hasn't done it again and I don't see any anywhere else but I'm worried. I'm about to go on vacation in a few days and I don't know if I should take him to the vet.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Thanks for writing in. It would be difficult to say if the reddish/pink color is coloring from something he ate or a small amount of blood. If you are leaving today to go out of town in the next couple days, I would definitely have your vet evaluate him before leaving in case there is something serious. It is better to be safe than sorry. If it is still 4-5 days before you are leaving, it should be okay to watch and make sure he doesn't vomit anymore. It could just be something that he ate. I may even consider keeping him off food for 24 hours with just small amount of water to drink. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.