Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Living in a house that had dogs but neather had parvo thay

Customer Question
have been gone for 1and...
Living in a house that had dogs but neather had parvo thay have been gone for 1and a half years just wondering if he can play in my yard he is 9 weeks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/3/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I don't see any contraindication to letting Cooper out into the back yard. In fact, it's necessary to do so for proper elimination training. I do want him restricted to the yard, however, until his puppy shots are completed - usually by 16-18 weeks of age. People who come to visit should remove their shoes before entering your home so as not to track in any infectious viruses such as parvovirus. Please continue our conversation if you wish.
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian