Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My puppy has a UTI i have 250 mg capsules of cepalexin she

Customer Question

My puppy has a UTI i have 250 mg capsules of cepalexin she weighs around 20 lbs is this ok to give her twice a day.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Now Cephalexin is a broad spectrum antibiotic that we would use when treating a UTI. In regards ***** ***** this would be quite a high one for her weight. Therefore, you could consider giving 3/4ths of this tablet twice daily for 7-10 days. Of course, if she doesn't start to show positive progress with this treatment, then we'd want to consider having a check once her vet is open and plan to have urine sample tested to confirm clinical suspicions and make sure we are treating appropriately.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best, *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks I really appreciate your time. Although I've worked many years in the vet world. I fell three years ago and now the right side of my brain is damaged. So it is very hard to remember things. But with hard work I've come a long way. So I really appreciate your help.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome, my dear.
I am glad I could help you with this. :)
All the best,
Dr. B.
Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)