Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

OUR 4 YR OLD SHORT HAIR, LITTLE DOG HAD SWELLING AROUND HER

Customer Question
LEFT EYE AND SIDE OF...
OUR 4 YR OLD SHORT HAIR, LITTLE DOG HAD SWELLING AROUND HER LEFT EYE AND SIDE OF HER MOUTH, YESTERDAY. WE GAVE HER A SHOWER AND PUT SOME EUCERIN CREME ON, AND LEFT HER COLLAR OFF. LAST NIGHT SHE WAS SCRATCHING A LOT AND HAD RED SWOLLEN SPOTS UNDER HER ARM PITS AND HER NECK WHERE HER COLLAR WAS. SHE HAD AN EMESIS THIS MORNING AFTER I TOOK HER FOR A WALK. I CAN'T SEE ANY TICKS OR FLEAS, SO I TRIED ANOTHER SHOWER WITH BABY SHAMPOO AND PUT ON ANTIFUNGAL OINTMENT. SHE HAS A PAUNCH UNDER HER CHIN, LIKE A DOUBLE CHIN. SHOULD I TRY A TICK COLLAR?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/2/2015
Dog Veterinarian: brisadog,
 replied 2 years ago
brisadog
Hi, I can help you with your question today. It sounds like she is having an allergic reaction. This can be from an insect bite or sting, occasionally from new foods, or something else environmental. Has she had any unusual treats or medications?
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian