Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My pup has a baldy spot on top of head

Customer Question
, not spreading ; about...
my pup has a baldy spot on top of head , not spreading ; about a cent in diameter, maybe mites ,can u recommend a ointment ,not tablets,isolated spot
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/2/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Are you see her rub or scratch at this spot?
What does the skin look like? Any redness, ulcers, sores, pimples, crusting or scaling?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
no reddness or irritation, just lot shorter hair in one spot not bald just shorter then rest
Thank you,
Now when we see baldness of this nature, we do have to consider a range of issues. Still, if we are seeing no pimples or pustules; bacteria can at least be dropped to the bottom of our list. Instead, we'd need to think about mites (Demodex being the most common), ringworm (which often can cause a circular bald lesion when present), as well as baldness secondary to skin trauma if she caught it.
Now in regards ***** ***** our bases and treating this, we do have a few options. I have reviewed the Ilium drops ingredients and you can use this on the skin in this case. It is effective against mites, bacterial and fungal infections. If you do use this, you'd want to apply a thin coating of the drop material onto the lesion twice daily for 7-10 days. Of course, avoid getting this into the eyes or allowing her or the other dog groom this off at all.
Otherwise, our other options would be to use an anti-mite spot on. Advantage Multi (Advocate), Revolution or Stronghold are all spot ons that do worm against mites and would also be a treatment option. They can be obtained from your vet as long as they have a recent weight for her and often are used every 2 weeks when trying to address an active mite issue. And if we need to rule out ringworm, then we could bathe this area with dilute OTC chlorohexidine from the pharmacy and then apply a topical OTC anti-fungal cream (ie Miconazole, Clotrimazole) again 2 times daily until the lesions have been healed for a few days.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best, *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )
i was of the opinion u dont receive the addional $19 till im satisfied with the results, but it appears $19 has already been transfered out of my account,r u assuming your advise is correct, u said i could try illium twice a day 4 a week ? total money removed on first nite, please explain. regards russell
Hi Russell,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Bunnie. How is everything going?
Customer
thats not answering my question
Hi again,
I have no control over the financial side of the website. Therefore, all questions regarding such need to be discussed with customer service @ http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
Take care,
Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian