Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Is there a reason my diabetic dog is not losing weight? His…

Customer Question
Is there a reason my...
Is there a reason my diabetic dog is not losing weight? His calories have been cut in half but he's not as mobile as he used to be due to arthritis.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/30/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Barbara, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Dog Veterinarian
Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm a licensed veterinarian and I'd like to help you and Kai today.I think the key to Kai's not losing weight is exactly what you suspect. . .he's not moving much. Is Kai on any pain relief for his arthritis?