Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

We have a 9 month old Cockapoo which we are having problems

Customer Question
with him chewing. No matter...
We have a 9 month old Cockapoo which we are having problems with him chewing. No matter what we do we can't get him stopped. We have had 4 other dogs and have never
had this problem. Any Suggestions would be Great.
Glen & Beth McDougall ***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/29/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Barbara, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Dog Veterinarian
Hi Glen and Beth,Welcome to Justanswer. I am a licensed veterinarian and would to be of help today. From what you have shared so far I'm not sure that Mickey is abnormal. He is a puppy and puppies chew. What is he chewing? Can you describe his behavior for me more specifically?
If Mickey is trying to get more attention from you, this may also be the cause. I know he gets punished, but he still is getting your attention. In their eyes, negative attention is better than no attention!
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian