Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Can I send you a pic of a small dime size raised bump

Customer Question
Hello... Can I send you...
Hello... Can I send you a pic of a small dime size raised bump on my Brussels chest.. How do I send you a picture?
Thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/29/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Yes, you can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.
Thank you! That well-circumscribed bump indicates a benign neoplasm ("new growth"). A lipoma (benign fatty "glob") is likely. Pepper's vet can needle aspirate this and examine the aspirate microscopically. Fat is easy to identify and if found this bump can be simply "watchful waited". Surgical resection would be curative but not essential. If other cells are found instead, the vet may be able to identify them or might send the aspirate to our pathologist for review. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
got it, Thank you!
You're welcome. I should mention that some of these turn out to be filled with fluid even though they feel solid. The fluid usually indicates an apocrine or epidermoid cyst - benign lesion. I can't set a follow-up in this venue and so would appreciate your returning to our conversation with an update - even after rating - at a time of your choosing.
Hi Shelby,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Pepper. How is everything going?
hello.....he seems fine, but I will my eye on the spot to make there are no abnormalities around the area!
Thank you !
Sounds good. Thank you for taking the time to let me know.