Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My pom/chi x dog's face swelled up pretty bad. Although I know…

Customer Question
My pom/chi x dog's face...
My pom/chi x dog's face swelled up pretty bad. Although I know it's prob an allergic reaction, bug bite, or a bee/wall sting, I'm intensely scared. A few years ago a friend asked what my Golden Retriever had in her mouth. I turned to look and laughed. I said Dakota give me that ball. It looked like she had a tennis ball tucked in her cheek but there was no ball. Within a couple of months I was having to put her to sleep because of lymphoma. Since then I've list both my parents and I'm not ready to lose somebody else that I love! Yet I'm paralyzed with fear. I don't want to find out something bad!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/28/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Can you give me an update on how your dog is doing?There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Sorry for my huge delay! Ok, she finally came out of hiding so I can do something. I bought liquid benadryl. She weighs about six pounds so I was thinking 5ml? I also have the little yellow amox pills. Bmp193 is the imprint....if I'm reading it right? I use to manage a dog kennel so I have a few supplies but will wait for you on the pill.

I am sorry for the delay in response, I was offline by the time you came back. 1- How many milligrams per ml on the Benadryl? 2- How much does your dog weigh?
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian