Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 80 lb Weimerainer just licked a small 6x6 inch patch of…

Customer Question
My 80 lb Weimerainer just...
My 80 lb Weimerainer just licked a small 6x6 inch patch of leaking clear liquid from the Culligan pre filter on the water softner. Is this something to be concerned about?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/26/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian
Hello,I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Bastian. I'm sorry he's done this and has you worried, but glad you're looking for the information you need.You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY. That way we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided and are happy to give me a positive rating. I've got some good news for you. You've got nothing to worry about in this situation. The fluid leaking from the pre filter is just water and is completely harmless. Culligan systems work through a variety of mechanisms to remove minerals from water, but none of them create any harmful byproducts. This means your boy is safe. Please rest assured I am here to help and you may still reply when you return online. I will be notified of your response via email and will do my best to help.Please remember I am here for you and am happy to discuss this with you until you are satisfied with the information I've provided.You may return to this page at any time to review the information and/or post more. I will be notified of your response via email and will do my best to help.If you are satisfied with the information I've provided so far, I'll kindly ask you to rate my response on your way out of the chat, as this is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.If you are not, please let me know how else I may be of assistance.Thank you for using our website.