Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

We have 3 king charles dogs, they ate 8 sandwich rolls while

Customer Question

we have 3 king charles dogs, they ate 8 sandwich rolls while we were out, will they be okay or should they see a doctor?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you all today!First, how long were you gone and does anyone look uncomfortable or abdomen swollen?
While I wait for your response, if anyone has a swollen abdomen, a "sad" face, licking lips or increased salivation then that dog should get some hydrogen peroxide 3% to induce vomiting, 1 tsp per ten pounds then walking around to mix it in the stomach and if no vomiting within 10-15 minutes repeat just onceIf no one has a swollen stomach and everyone is acting normal then taking them on several long walks the next 24 hours is key, 20+ minutes with a nice steady pace which will help encourage emptying of the stomach and gi motility. I would also withhold any food tonight and tomorrow morning as a precautionIf anyone begins to show signs of nausea (licking lips, increased salivation, eating grass) then no food x 24 hours and monitoring closely for restlessness, vomiting, lethargy and if seen have your vet evaluate that dog. But if it was evenly distributed between them likely it will digest just fine!I hope this makes sense, I am on-line another 30 minutes tonight to assist you all with any additional questions or comments If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you all!!!