Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Buddy, our dog is now 3yrs. Old,we rescued him at 6 mo.s old.Said…

Customer Question
Buddy, our dog is now...
Buddy, our dog is now 3yrs. Old,we rescued him at 6 mo.s old.Said he.was going to put the dog down because his young kids were spending too much time w /him.We took him in. he was very shy at 1st,then fine but afraid of a crutch, broom anything like that.Absolutely would not go upstairs,even when we wanted him too.He's 3yrs. Old now. He bit our niece at about 1yr.and a few mo.s old just scratched the skin in 2 places, like 2 scratches. The Dr. Said just wash w/soap.No need to bring her in we called the vet to check on the rabies shots, his 2nd one was not due yet. They sent the dog pound guy to our house, he wrote up a slip and he had to stay in the garage for 10days,he shook his head and said this dog is fine.The vet called back and left a message saying if we.want to know quickly and the only way to stop him from biting was with the dog dead they would cut buddy'head off to test for rabies.A sickening message! He's always on a tie down recently a muzzle.He is very compassionate 99per
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/21/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian
Hello,I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Buddy. I'm so sorry you're going through this difficult situation, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY. That way we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.Please tell me what question I can answer for you today.