Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Doctor I hope you are having a good evening I m concerned

Customer Question

hello Doctor I hope you are having a good evening
I m concerned as my female Puppy Deyna just eat
possibly 1 or 2 pills of amoxicillin 500 mgr
she ate chicken right after and drunk water she is a pit bull mix with an American Bulldog 3 months and 1 week old very very beautiful and huge paws
im very very worry i called my vet but is closed
what do you suggest ?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for requesting me, Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
dr Nimmo my computer is broken
please call me on(###) ###-####
or Text me im here
I will be pleased to call you back, I have just opened the phone dialogue box so we can exchange phone numbers ... Regards, ***** *****
Hello again and thanks for waiting. We seem to have a problem connecting and I know you must be very concerned so I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. Good news! Amoxycillin like almost all antibiotics is very non toxic to dogs, so in most cases there is no cause for concern and nothing special you need do for Denya. Some dogs may show a mild transient bout of gastroenteritis { vomiting and / or diarrhoea } but this is rarely much cause for concern. 2. Of course if more severe symptoms develop or you become more concerned then you should have a vet check her over but this would be unlikely in your case. I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,
I am just checking back in to see how Denya is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Amoxycillin tablets.
How are things going?
Regards,
Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.