Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has suddenly started wanting to be alone. Laying staring…

Customer Question
My dog has suddenly started...
My dog has suddenly started wanting to be alone. Laying staring at walls. Won't go out. He also appears to be struggling to lay down and stand up. He is 9yrs old a staff cross lurcher. Any advise as we are contemplating euthanasia
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/18/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian

Hello Karen, I'm Dr. Deb.

I recently came online and see that your question about Bobby hasn't been answered. I'm so sorry that you've had to wait for a response, but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.

It's always hard when our pets start to age and deteriorate but I do have a few questions to ask first, if you don't mind:

1. He is currently taking any drugs or supplements?
2. If so, what are they?
3. Is he still eating and drinking?
4. Any other signs such as vomiting or diarrhea or change in thirst? Any weight loss?
5. Did these signs come on suddenly or has there been a gradual decline?

Since it looks as if you are currently offline, there may be a delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you and I may be offline at the time you respond. But I'll get back to you as soon as I can since I'm on the computer some part of every day.

Thanks for your patience. Deb

Hi

He has no medication or suppliments. He has gradually declined however sudden behaviour change particularly not wanting to be with anyone. He is still eating and drinking however refuses to go out and has messed in the house rather than go outside.

He has lost a little weight particularly around his rear end