Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have two golden retrievers.

Customer Question
We put first shield trio...
I have two golden retrievers. We put first shield trio on both necks and backs as directed. About two hours later the dogs went outside. One had licked the other's back and neck area. They have very thick fur and are both big goldens about 75lbs. Is this reason for great concern.?So far no reaction with dogs an hour later
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/18/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

In regards ***** ***** question, we'd expect no issue here. If Teo had gotten a significant amount of this product when he licked his friend, we'd have see drooling. And if they do get quite a bit, then we could see stomach upset, but this is less likely an issue with his size and the amount he could potentially ingest from licking his friend.

Please take care & all the best,
Dr. B.
Thank you for your answer. I can't rate the service because of the mix up,on Just Answer. Thank you for your answer. I believe there is a problem with your web site or overall service. I am a bit frustrated that it took several attempted contacts to Just Answer and only when I stated that I had started a complaint with PayPal and would file with the Better Business Bureau tomorrow among other agencies did I receive a contact via email from a totally different vet than the one who was to contact me. I have been up all night with this situation. I indicated that I was closing out and going to bed and then,only then,did someone contact me. It seems the concerns I had sent were not important enough to this agrncy and unaddressed in the office there for well over an hour. Then instantly you decided to reply not wanting public complaints about this service provider. Very unprofessional
You are welcome, Kathleen.

As a vet, I have no control over the logistics/financial/etc. side of the website. All I can say is that I came online and saw you had not been answered and wanted to make sure you knew that there wasn't a worry here. I do apologize that the original vet you requested wasn't able to aid you and I will refer this back to customer service since this sounds to be a more website based issue (as opposed to our concerns for Teo).

Please take care & my apologies for this kerfuffle,
Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian