Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

We have a5 mth old aussie dog, first five

Customer Question
Hello,we have a5 mth old...
Hello,we have a5 mth old aussie bull dog,for the first five weeks everything was fine then she started having " episodes" she runs around with her tail between her legs yelping & looks petrified.These can go on for 20 seconds to 50 minutes,some times three times a day,when she finally comes out of it,she is lathargic,when the vet did the eye test not long after she had one,she didnt blink,but when we got her home & did the eye thing later,she blinked.She can be asleep & wake up & have one or awake & have one.We took her to 2 vets,who did fasting & non fasting tests for abnormalitys in the blood,all came back clear,we had wee & poo samples done,all came back clear,we took her to the Sydney university hospital for tests.....all clear.We have videoed some of her "episodes" to show the vets & all of them said that they have never seen it before,they ruled out seisures & epilopsy because she is not frothing nor is she still.We had a blood test done yesturday to check for lead,the results.....negitive,next on the list is a liver biopsy,again,at Sydney Uni,if that is negitive,then its a MRI scan but we cant be guaranteed that any thing nuerological will show up.....We love her to death but we're at our wit's end as to how to help her,please help.if there is a way that I could send you a couple of the video's,please tell me so you can see what she is going through.Our routines have always been the same since we bought her home so its nothing to do with a traumatic event that she has gone through.....
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/17/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I'd very much like to see the videos. You'll need to upload them to an external site such as YouTube and then give me the link to them. Remember not to mark them as "private".