Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I went home from work and found my boxer mix dog bleeding profusely fr…

Customer Question
I went home from work...
I went home from work and found my boxer mix dog bleeding profusely from the rectum. What could cause this. Did not see any injuries or anything . He was lying under the porch when we found him. He was also becoming lethargic.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/16/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Bleeding as you've described can result from ingestion of an anticoagulant rodenticide such as d-CON, thrombocytopenia (low blood platelet count) or other coagulopathies such as hemophilia, autoimmune hemolytic anemia (AIHA, trauma, or a bleeding tumor (unlikely at his age).
If you've already had him attended to and have questions about his diagnosis or care, feel free to return to our conversation at your convenience.
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian