Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I summited a question about my dog sara , and paid 19.00 for…

Customer Question
I summited a question about...
I summited a question about my dog sara , and paid 19.00 for a answer to my question. and have not received an answer. what can I give my sara for her up set stomach. she keeps eating grass and then throw it back up.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/14/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
If Sara has a mild digestive disturbance caused by something she may have ingested or stress, follow these instructions:
Fast Sara for 12-24 hrs to allow the digestive tract to calm down and heal.
Give her Pepcid AC or Famotidine at 0.5 mg per pound every 8 hrs. That can be purchased over the counter at the pharmacy.
Give only small amounts of water during the fast or ice cubes
After the fast, feed rice and boiled chicken (2/1)
If the vomiting has resolved, then wean Sara back onto regular food. If the vomiting persists especially during the fast, take Sara to your vet for an exam and lab work to determine the cause for this. This is extremely important since this can cause dehydration or other more serious concerns such as an intestinal obstruction or pancreatitis that will require more serious treatments.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****