Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My little dog has been coughing it's my like he is cooking…

Customer Question
My little dog has been...
My little dog has been coughing it's my like he is cooking in something can u help make
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/12/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry to learn Budda is not feeling well. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
1- How long has this been going on?
2- Is he hacking like if something is stuck in his throat?
3- Any pre existing medical conditions?
4- Is he lethargic?
5- Any other symptoms?
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
He started it last night and yes it sounds like there might be something in his thoat no no and no please let me know what I can do
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Friend, the type of coughing you are describing is consistent with an upper respiratory infection. Basically he has a dog cold. As a precaution it is also important to rule out disorders affecting the heart and lungs.
I would recommend a hands on exam with family vet to listen to his heart/lungs make sure everything is fine. In the meantime you can start him on Robitussin DM (cough) 1/2 teaspoon every 6-8 hours. You can buy Robitussin DM over the counter in any pharmacy.
Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Dr. Peter