Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Is there any type of harness that we can use on our senior

Customer Question

Is there any type of harness that we can use on our senior malamute/lab to help him up the steps to our home.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! I am Dr. Altman, a licensed veterinarian and happy to answer your questions today.
Yes there is a harness that I use regularly for pets that have orthopedic issues or even senior pets that need assistance in the home. The link below shows you the ones that I prefer, it looks similar to a water vest but has a handle on the back for support and is sturdy with cushioning to minimize any irritation that can occur.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions I can assist with after you view the site
http://www.ruffwear.com/Products/dog_harnesses
- the webmaster I believe is the most reliable...
I am on-line an additional 15 minutes this evening to assist you both
If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Were you able to view the harness I referred to? Can can be of any further assistance to you both?
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman
Were you able to contact the Store I listed yesterday? Were they able to accommodate you?
I would love an update when you are able...