Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Help! Received yr responses already to our end stage golden,

Customer Question
Jr. but now the sticky...
Help! Received yr responses already to our end stage golden, Jr. but now the sticky part. Father wants dog put down yesterday; 32-yr. old son (actual owner) wants non-invasive trmt w wait and see/not ready yet approach; vet wants ongoing, episodic trmt
(IV fluids, meds + overnite observations) and I'm the ex-wife, mother, currently residing 24-hr dog caregiver w nursing background advocating only palliative care. Currently, all under same roof (not usual). Survival of father/son relationship > important
than my opinion, but hard to sit back watch this animal suffer. How to / should I steer conversation toward consensus or maybe you can be "second opinion"? Is there some ethical consideration re going behind treating vet's back in on-line capacity?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
I want Dr. Gary to answer, if possible
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Want to live chat w Dr. Gary, otherwise cancel live chat and request Dr. Gary answer.
6/12/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Do you need any other attention on this thread?
No thanks..guess already know have to let play out the way it will. Nite
Ok. Take care.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian