Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I think my dog may have eaten Read more: http://www.justanswer.com

Customer Question

Hi I think my dog may have eaten some ibuprofen, I don't know when this happened but I found half chewed up Ibuprofen in his bed this afternoon it was 200mg strength and he possibly ate three. He has been urinating a lot over the last three days. He had few bowel movement every day, but last three days his poo looks a bit dry. Behaviour wise he is his normal self. He is 13 months old working line Golden retriever and he weighs around 30 kg.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How has his appetite been?

Any black stools or vomiting?

Any increase to his thirst or urination?
Does his urine look more pale then usual?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Unfortunately Buddy is now hospitalised and on a drip. His bloods are showings signs of renal failure. I have waited for your response, but as I haven't heard I just called emergency vet.

Could you please refund me as I find your response came far too late.

Thank you