Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

How do I

Customer Question
.How do I change his...
.How do I change his food in the less amount of time without harming him? Recap: Today am and afternoon he had gastro food. Today pm he had half of plate of chicken & rice. What should tomorro look like in
terms of food? And the next weeks? This is Nin the dog which suffers from pancreatitis, iver the weekend we had a bbq and he has been unwell since then, we suspect he had some left overs (Let me know if you need all the details or if you have access to them
from my previous question). Thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
I just mentione that for the last month or so he has been pooping a lot more often (5-6 times a day). This became a habit after a new born joined the family.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Local Veterinarian Recommendations + Checklist for Your Vet Visit. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
How do I change his food in the less amount of time without harming him? Recap: Yesterday am and afternoon he had gastro food. Yesterday pm he had half of plate of chicken & rice. What should today look like in terms of food? And the next weeks? This is Nin the dog which suffers from pancreatitis, iver the weekend we had a bbq and he has been unwell since then, we suspect he had some left overs (Let me know if you need all the details or if you have access to them from my previous question).I just mentione that for the last month or so he has been pooping a lot more often (5-6 times a day). This became a habit after a new born joined the family.Additional notes: about 4 days ago In our garden we found poop with 2 balls of hair and a tiny bone (not sure if it came from elsewhere of if my dog found it soemwhere).Thabk you
Answered in 1 day by:
6/11/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Rosie_MRCVS, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Rosie_MRCVS
Rosie_MRCVS, Dog Veterinarian
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you - I am on-call tonight and have been operating for several hours. If you are wanting to change his food back on day one I would feed each meal as a mixture of a quarter of the gastro and the rest chicken and rice. Day two should be the same. Day three you can move to half and half. Repeat this on day four. Days five and six each meal should be one quarter chicken and rice, and three-quarters gastro,. Day seven he should be back on the gastro. I would also feed him little and often, so divide his food into at least six small meals if possible. As for the increased frequency of going to the toilet this could be a mild stress colitis - inflammation of the large intestine. If there isn't any blood in his faeces then I wouldn't be too concerned about it - get the pancreatitis sorted first as this is more important. The treatment for pancreatitis will also help the colitis.
Again I'm sorry this has taken me so long - I have been physically unable to get to a computer, All the best, Rosie.