DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

7yr old Chihuahua, wears a disposable diaper (male dog, belly

Customer Question

7yr old Chihuahua, wears a disposable diaper (male dog, belly band type), has trouble peeing, bellyband is loose, but walks hunched and ends up pooping a little when he tries
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. Thanks for the question. Let me see if I can help. I'm sorry you have had to wait for a response. This sounds very serious. You pup may be dealing with a blockage of the urunarty tract. Just like in human man, bladder stones or kidney stones can get stuck in the ureters or urethra and cause a lot of pain and difficulty or inability to urinate. Thus is an emergency situation as it could lead to serious bladder or kidney problems. I would highly recommend you get to a vet as soon as possible to have him looked at. There is really nothing you can do at home. I hope this helps. Best of luck.
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 2 years ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DrMelJ