Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Woke up to find my lab licking at the air and licking the carpet.

Customer Question
Doesn't want to drink, has...
Woke up to find my lab licking at the air and licking the carpet. Doesn't want to drink, has has gone outside to eat grass until he throws up. How do I get his stomach settled?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/7/2015
Dog Veterinarian: DrMelJ, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Hi there. Thanks for the question. You could try give him some human Pepcid AC. He would get one 10 mg tablet if he around 50 lbs. or one and half tablets if he is closer to 75 lbs. feed only small meals, wetted down with water to get him some extra fluids. no treats today. If vomiting continues, then get him to a vet. I hope this helps. Best of luck.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DrMelJ
DrMelJ
DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian