Thank you for your question regarding your Min Pin cross who may have eaten some Orbit gum. If you think there is a chance Scooter could have eaten some of this gum, then it isn't worth taking any risks here. Orbit typically contains xylitol which is very toxic
to dogs and can cause a life threatening hypoglycemia
(you can read more about this here: http://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/diseases-conditions-of-dogs/features/products-sweetened-with-xylitol-can-be-toxic-to-dogs ).
You can double check the packet to confirm this, but if this is indeed the case, then you should ideally get your boy right down to the local vet hospital so they can make him vomit and keep an eye
on him. It really is better to be safe than sorry in these particular situations.
If for some reason you can't get Scooter down to your local vet or ER vet now, then you will need to try to get him to vomit from home. There are details online for this here: http://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/diseases-conditions-of-dogs/emergency-trauma-urgent-care/how-to-induce-vomiting-emesis-in-dogs
Best of luck with your boy and do definitely follow up with your local vet on this now. Explain that it is a possibility that your boy could have ingested gum that contains xylitol and they will continue on from there. I hope all of the above makes sense? Please let me know if you have any other questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Bonuses & positive feedback are always welcomed and very much appreciated
If you have any further questions in the future, I would be more than happy to help you again! Just bookmark my profile and ask a question via the question box.