Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My Great Pyrenees who is 11 months old and around 80 pounds

Customer Question

My Great Pyrenees who is 11 months old and around 80 pounds ate 200mg vyvanse and singulair. I tried to induce vomit with 3% hydrogen peroxide 1tsp/10lbs twice with a 15 minute window. She didn't vomit. It has been approximately 5 hours since she ingested the medication, and she is acting very hyper. She keeps shaking her head from side to side and walking around swiftly. I've tried to keep her calm and hydrated, but she refuses to drink or sit still. What do I do now?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
Side effects of the Vyvance can be seen at 1 mg/kg which is much ore than Mercedes has taken . If she is still showing these symptoms, you need to have your vet examine her and place her on IV fluids and sedatives until this can be removed from her system. The side effects can be severe with hyperexcitability, cardia arrythmias and neurologi issues....this can be serious for Mercedes. The Singulair is used sometimes in dogs and can cause digestive disturbances and hyerexciteability also.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****