helperDVM
helperDVM, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal and exotics veterinarian.
76789122

Yesterday we washed are dog with dog shampoo. i noticed his

Customer Question

yesterday we washed are dog with dog shampoo. i noticed his face and snout began to swell rapidly. over the next few hours the swelling went down but not completely. by morning the swelling in his snout went down but his eyes remained a irritated. My wife gave him a benadryl. Now the whites of his eyes are swollen or maybe its 3rd eyelid. help what to do should i panic
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  helperDVM replied 2 years ago.
No need to panic!! For an acute allergic reaction you need need to administer high dose Benadryl the problem is that most people don't give enough and they only give one dose! At 50 pounds for an acute allergic reaction Cypher needs THREE adult Benadryl twice a day for the next two days. Chemosis is the swelling of the conjunctiva. You can also use cool compresses to help with the swelling. Just so you know it's also common to have some diarrhea after such a significant allergic reaction - just so you can be prepared. :)
Expert:  helperDVM replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sean,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Cypher. How is everything going?
Customer
Expert:  helperDVM replied 2 years ago.
Please accept my answer and rate me if you are satisfied- thank you!!