Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My poodle has been blind few years, with cloudy eyes.

Customer Question
My poodle has been blind...
My poodle has been blind for a few years, with cloudy eyes. Today, one of her eyes turned completely white very suddenly. She does not seem to be in pain. Should I take her to the vet immediately, or wait to see what happens?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/30/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 15 years. Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about Daisy's situation with her eye. For it to suddenly get all white, there has to be concern that glaucoma has happened in the eye. This can come on suddenly and present with a white appearing eye. This is painful and some manage to hide the discomfort better than others. Could this be due to a lens luxation or some infiltrate inside of the eye? These are other considerations. I would say getting her seen by your vet as soon as possible to get an answer and to then start up needed therapy would be best. It is good that she's not stressed by this and I'm hopping for the best.
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian