Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Lympnodes on dog neck

Customer Question
and half way up back...
lympnodes on dog neck and half way up back legs swollen last 30 days treatment I here somegood oral treatment northwest area Tacoma
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/30/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Pet Doc, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Pet Doc
Pet Doc, Dog Veterinarian
Hi there,
Thank you for your question regarding your 7 year old Rotty, Magnum who has swollen lymphnodes. I put an answer together for you, I am going to need a little more info about Magnum:
- When did you first noticed these enlarged lymph nodes?
- What treatment is Magnum currently on? Is your veterinarian aware of the lymphnode enlargement?
- What diagnostics tests (if any) has your veterinarian done on your boyo?
Once you get back to me, I will start typing up my response. Thanks for this and I look forward to hearing from you shortly.
Dr E
Hi again,
Thanks for your extra note (in a separate question). I have sent this on to our customer service team to ensure you aren't signed up for a subscription. The extra question you created will also be closed.
When you get a chance, please reply to the questions above.
I am happy to help.
Kind Regards,
Dr E
Hi again,
It sounds like you are having issues replying to these questions. Please try again when you can.
Thanks,
Dr E
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Sandy, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Sandy
Dr. Sandy, Dog Veterinarian
Enlarged Lymph nodes are serious. they can indicate a fulminant infection or possibly cancer.
Ask your vet to do a Lymph node aspirate and a CBC.
the first thing you need to do is rule out Lymphoma or another cancer in the lymph nodes.
Then, if that is negative, a fungal screen to check for fungal infection.
Dr. Sandy
Dr. Sandy
Dr. Sandy, Dog Veterinarian