Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has light gray covering her right eye. She squints,

Customer Question
tears and rubs her eye...
My dog has light gray covering her right eye. She squints, tears and rubs her eye quite often. She seems to be almost blind in the eye. She bumps into things all of the time. The skin around the eye has recently turned black and it's turning into a pretty large patch. I haven't noticed any oder and the tearing is a clear liquid. The hair around her eyes is still in tact. Molly is now 17 yrs old. What could this be? What should I do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/29/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Is the gray haze covering the eye or inside the eye?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.