Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My son put k9 advantix ii on his golden retriever (52 lbs)

Customer Question
and applied 5 tubes then...
My son put k9 advantix ii on his golden retriever (52 lbs) and applied 5 tubes then washed it off after 5 minutes realizing that it was too much. Should we do anything else at this time?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/29/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Hello and welcome, Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Hello again and thanks for waiting.I have worked out an answer for you below ...1. As long as it was washed off quickly after application as in your case then things should be fine. Typically you should thoroughly wash the area with the likes of Dove and then rinse every well. You should do this at least twice. 2. K-9 Advantix for Dogs contains permethrin which is potentially toxic to dogs so in addition to the above you should monitor your dog carefully just to be on the safe side. For a detailed description of expected side effects, treatment etc. follow this LINK I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,
I am just checking back in to see how Reilly is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Advantix flea treatment.
How are things going?
Regards,
Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Reilly. How is everything going?

Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian